Saturday, September 11

How quaint...

Today I realised that I have been shooting digital for way too long! I got my first (very expensive) digital P&S early, but not that early. I'm pretty sure that it was in 1999, correction, it was 1998 (last millennium, I know :)). And I know that there are some people that are only now giving up on their trusty old film cameras, and reluctantly moving over (which seems way too late, but whatever).

So why do I think that I've been shooting digital for too long? Because I get a surprise when I see a film door on the back of a camera like this, the Minolta TC-1:





How quaint! But at least you got the same size sensor (35mm film), whether you used a compact or a full-sized 35mm SLR.

My favourite film compact was the Olympus μ-II (Stylus Epic in North America), which looked like this:


It was a great little camera, and if it didn't use film I'd still be using it. Speaking of film... I still have a few rolls of film in the fridge, waiting to be developed. Maybe I should get on it... :)

So... how long have you been shooting digital? Do you still shoot film?

2 comments:

  1. I'd get that exposed film processed right away. Once it's exposed, refrigeration doesn't stop the deterioration. It might slow it down a little, but over time the film dyes are going to break down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. I know all about film, but for some reason (and maybe because there is nothing of importance on these films), I just can't get motivated enough to do it! I should make a promise to myself to do it before the end of the month, see if that works...

    The problem with film is, it's just so bloody *inconvenient*! :)

    ReplyDelete